Wednesday 11 September 2013

Skateboard Market Research

Last month, I was looking for a skateboard to buy. I was walking around the city, there was so few shops that sell boards; such as Billabong, Roxy, Ripcurl and some locals shop, but what I found out is those shops (in Sydney) was overpricing almost every single board except Penny board which is the only brand made in Australia. Maybe it is because of importing taxes. Then, I designed to do some online window shopping, read heaps of reviews from brand to brand and watched videos on YouTube. It's very hard to find the one board that fits me ( I've looking for a small board 24"-28" juct to cruise from home to school). But finally, here are my favourite:


The Arbor Collective





These brands and series are well recommended by skateboarder and long boarder hence they have a high quality components. What I like about them is not just that. I like how each series seems to be in the same style and direction. Moreover, it is a very clever thing that they use the advantage of wood texture and wood colour as part of the design. That, makes they look classic and fashionable. Creative.

Landyachtz




No comments:

Post a Comment